The Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children opens in June and YOU are invited to the Grand Opening!
Join us to celebrate this amazing new Lakeland Regional Health facility on Saturday, June 2, from 9 a.m. to noon. Admission is free, and guests should park in the D-E garage and enter through the Pavilion’s Second Floor Lobby on the Medical Center Campus, 1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd.
Grand Opening Festivities include:
- a Teddy Bear Clinic – free teddy bear for the first 500 kids!
- guided tours
- family cooking demonstrations
- yoga for expectant and new moms
- face painting
- and more!
All guests will take home special keepsakes of this momentous occasion. A welcome, benediction and several special surprises will take place beginning at 9:30 a.m. Families and individuals of all ages are invited to come out and learn more about the women’s and children’s healthcare services offered by Lakeland Regional Health. Lakeland Mom will be there for the celebration and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children
The eight-story Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children includes approximately 350,000 square feet and is the largest hospital expansion to date. Its spacious and spa-like rooms were designed with careful consideration for the specific needs of the women and children receiving care.
The eight-story building is home to:
- Full-service, 33-bed Children’s Emergency Department with emergency services
- 17 private suites for labor, delivery, recovery and high-risk antepartum
- 4 C-section surgery suites
- Polk County’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with 30 private NICU rooms
- 32-bed Mother-Baby Unit, designed to allow women and their newborns to room together
- 30-bed Pediatric floor, including 12-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, featuring space for family members who need to stay overnight
- Two additional 32-bed patient care units for antepartum, mother/baby, women’s surgery and medical/surgical patient needs.
- Nemours Children’s Health System Pediatric Specialty Clinics
- Pediatric Surgery Department with 3 pediatric surgery suites, a 10-bed post-anesthesia care unit and a 17-bed pre/post-operative unit
- Outpatient obstetric clinic, staffed by Board-certified obstetricians and specially trained fetal maternal physicians
- Leading-edge technology for prenatal testing and fetal diagnosis by a team of specialists right here in our community, offering hope for women experiencing problems with pregnancy or childbirth, in consultation with area obstetrician/gynecologists to help ensure healthy outcomes for families
- State-of-the-art auditorium for community outreach
- On-site cafeteria, intimate chapel area and gift shop
From the website: “The Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children, opening in June 2018, is changing the healthcare landscape for women and children in our area and will be a special healthcare destination providing compassionate and safe care during life’s most important moments.”
About Lakeland Regional Health
If you grew up in Lakeland like I did, when you hear “Lakeland Regional” you immediately think of the hospital. However, Lakeland Regional Health is SO MUCH MORE than just our hospital facility.
Not-for-profit Lakeland Regional Health reaches beyond its hospital walls to promote wellness, education and discovery in new places and new ways, providing a wide range of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services at its Medical Center, Hollis Cancer Center and ambulatory care locations.
Lakeland Regional Health currently has 14 locations including primary and family care, walk-in care, and over 25 different specialties covered by their physicians group. They also have a partnership with Nemours Children’s Health System to provide access to highly specialized pediatric care right here in Lakeland. These specialists offer a full range of services including consultations, examinations, testing, procedures and inpatient care for pediatric patients. What a blessing for families in need of pediatric specialists to be seen 10-20 minutes from home instead of making the 1 hour+ drive to Tampa or Orlando.
To learn more about the services offered by Lakeland Regional Health, visit their website at https://mylrh.org/.