We love our local businesses and know you do too! For Valentine’s Day this year, you can share the love and support our Downtown Lakeland restaurants and stores while also having a fun outdoor picnic with your friends, family, or that special someone.
Munn Park will be transformed into a charming picnic spot on Sunday, February 14 from 11am – 7pm as Downtown Lakeland hosts “Picnic in the Park: Valentine’s Day Edition.” To participate and make your free reservation, all you have to do is purchase a meal and a gift card to support downtown merchants. It is a win-win!
How to Participate in Picnic in the Park:
- Decide who to invite! You can have up to 6 people at your picnic.
- Decide which Downtown RETAILER you’d like to buy a $25 gift card from (Don’t purchase it directly, but decide which retailer you’d like to buy from – it is part of the reservation system)
- Decide which Downtown RESTAURANT you want to have lunch or dinner from at your picnic (You’ll order this on your own on Sunday)
- Make a Reservation (required) – Call Julie Townsend, the LDDA Executive Director, at 863.687.8910. You can also text or ask for a call back at a specific time. She’ll need to know:
- Your preferred time, your name and contact info
- The retailer for your $25 gift card
- The restaurant where you plan to order your picnic
- A credit card number to purchase the gift card and any add-ons.
- On Sunday, allow plenty of extra time to pick up your lunch and arrive in Munn Park at your reservation time. Downtown Lakeland will provide a tent, table, chairs, tablecloths, a centerpiece, and other decorations for your picnic. Festive table settings are available as an add-on.
- Enjoy your own private tent and table for your 1.5 hour Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day picnic!
- The gift card will be provided to you in a festive Valentine’s gift bag when you arrive in the park on Valentine’s Day. You can use that card immediately as a gift for someone special, go shopping after your picnic, or save it for yourself to use later!
- Again – RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED!! No walk-ups are allowed. Be sure to make a reservation ASAP to save your preferred time.
Other fun picnic festivities include dance lessons every hour, “love potion” (AKA sangria!) and pink popcorn.
To see a list of eligible Downtown restaurants and merchants, see pages 6 thru 9 of the Visitor’s Guide.