Do you know of a family-friendly event that isn’t listed on our calendar? Submit it below.
All events listed on Lakeland Mom’s local event calendar must be related to kids, moms, and/or families. General community events with entertainment/activities for kids ARE eligible to be included even if the overall theme isn’t specific to children.
Events eligible for a free listing:
- Community events that are FREE or under $5/person to attend and participate in activities
- Events sponsored or hosted by a City or County (this includes libraries, special events, etc.)
- Community events sponsored or hosted by a non-profit (fundraising events are reviewed on a case by case basis and are rarely included)
- Special seasonal holiday events with free or low-cost admission
- Live performances, concerts, and theatre shows put on by a school or community group, including colleges and high schools (OK if admission cost is over $5)
Events that can be listed for a $50 fee:
- For-profit events with tickets over $5/person
- Carnivals/fairs with ticket purchases required for rides
- Vendor shopping events
- Parties or info sessions tied to a Direct Sales / Network Marketing company
- Free events designed to generate business leads or serve as free advertising
Events we DO NOT INCLUDE on our calendar:
- Temporary business specials or sales
- Recurring classes/lessons that are not free (we have a Classes & Lessons Guide)
- Summer Camps (we have a separate Summer Camp Guide)
- Political events for a specific candidate or party
- Religious services (we do include community events held at local churches)
- Fundraising events (we occasionally make exceptions if the event is designed for general community participation or is for a cause serving children and families)
HELPFUL TIPS TO GET YOUR EVENT LISTED QUICKLY
- PLEASE CHECK OUR CALENDAR FIRST! We update 95% of the events on our calendar ourselves and may have already updated your event if the information is available online. Please save yourself the trouble and check to see if it is already listed, there is a search function or our filters can help you search by organizer or venue (Our main calendar is organized by month – be sure to USE THE ARROWS to view your event month before searching). Click here to view the calendar.
- Use correct capitalization and punctuation. If you submit an EVENT TITLE or DESCRIPTION IN ALL CAPS, or input an address without capitalizing the street name or city, your event will not be published.
- Be sure to include all event details. The less information we have to track down, the faster we can approve your event.
- You must include a link to an outside source with event details (a website or Facebook page) to list your event on our calendar. If your event isn’t listed online yet, this page will be right here waiting for you.
- We’ve done our best to make things mobile friendly, but this form is easiest to complete on a laptop or tablet.
If after thoroughly checking the lists above you are still unsure whether your event meets these guidelines, feel free to submit an event using the form below and we will determine whether it can be included on our calendar. All listings are at the discretion of Lakeland Mom’s Editor, even if the criteria above are met.
Receiving a free listing on our calendar does not guarantee inclusion in our weekly newsletter or any social media promotion. We offer featured event promotions beginning at just $295 per event.
Summer Camps and recurring classes/lessons are NOT listed on our calendar. Please contact us for information on promoting camps or classes.