Affiliate & Advertising Disclosure
The purpose of Lakeland Mom is to help you discover events, activities, and resources in Lakeland, Polk County, and across Florida. By sharing this information I hope to help you make family memories, find fun seasonal activities, locate kids activities, and discover resources you might not otherwise know about, and I LOVE doing it!
There are a number of costs associated with running a website – website hosting, sending newsletters, staff time, website design, and more. Sometimes when you click on a link and make a purchase through that link we’re earning a small fee from that company. Posts with affiliate links are marked, however we only recommend products and local activities that we think are a good deal and/or something we use and love ourselves.
We also accept paid advertising on our website in the Sponsor areas and in Sponsored Blog Posts. This helps us continue to provide you with all of our great content for FREE!
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
Business & Organization Listings Disclosure
Any reference made here to local businesses, products, organizations, services, classes, etc. is for informational purposes only. We STRONGLY encourage you to do your own research before participating in an event or engaging with a local business or organization. The listing of any event, business, organization or other entity on this website is not an official or personal endorsement unless expressly stated. For many of the businesses and organizations listed on our site, any description or additional information was created by the business or organization referenced and was not created by Lakeland Mom. Therefore, no text from our website may be quoted or reproduced to imply endorsement by Lakeland Mom.
We love to support our local businesses and organizations that provide great opportunities for Lakeland area families. We love telling you about the places and events we love here. We also have good manners, which means if we don’t have something nice to say, we won’t say anything at all. If you wonder why an event, business, or organization isn’t listed on our website, it is possible it was overlooked (so send us an email at editor(at)lakelandmom.com or fill out our event form or directory listing form). However, it is also possible that through personal experience we aren’t fans of a particular place or event, and have made the decision to leave it unlisted.
The intent of Lakeland Mom is to provide ideas for family-friendly activities, events, and resources in and around Lakeland, Polk County, and the Central Florida area. All information is provided as suggestions for fun activities or events, and participants assume all risks from any activities they engage in. Lakeland Mom is not responsible for any injuries or problems that may arise from partaking in any of these events and activities; users/readers/visitors to lakelandmom.com agree to hold Lakeland Mom harmless in any such claims.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN GIVEAWAYS. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
April Mucci and Lakeland Mom are used interchangeably as “Lakeland Mom” in the following rules.
- Eligibility.Giveaways are open to readers who over 18
- How to Enter. Entry is typically made through email by completing the choices available. No one person may enter multiple times per day even with different email addresses.
- Disclaimer. Lakeland Mom will not be responsible for: [a] any late or lost entries; [b] telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures; any giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Lakeland Mom or by unauthorized human intervention; or [c] any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the giveaway.
- Entry Deadline Date. All entries for giveaways through this site must be received on or before the given ‘Entry Deadline Date’ to be eligible to win a prize.
- Winner Selection. The winner will be chosen through a random number selector. If your Entry Number matches the random number generated, and you meet the eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official Giveaway Rules, you win the prize.
- Winner Notification. You will be notified within three  days after the Entry Deadline Date if you win the prize.
- Claiming Your Prize. Winner must respond within three  days of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected.
- Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- Prize Substitution. Winner may not substitute the prize for any other prize or for cash, however, Lakeland Mom or the sponsoring company may substitute the prize for any other prize of equal or greater value, in its reasonable discretion, in the event the prize is not available for any reason outside of sponsor’s reasonable control.
- Publicity. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s first name and prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, except where prohibited by law, without further payment or other consideration.
- Errors and Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any entry, the person whose name appears on the entry form associated with the prize number for the winning entry will be deemed to be the winner. It is your responsibility to control access to your email account. In the unlikely event that the winning prize number is duplicated, or a similar error occurs, Lakeland Mom may conduct a random drawing among such inadvertently duplicated numbers or apply another equitable remedy in its discretion to determine the winner. Decisions made by Lakeland Mom are final. By entering the giveaway, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Lakeland Mom and these official rules. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent these official rules.
- Technical Problems. The giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in the opinion of Lakeland Mom any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the giveaway.
- General Release. By entering any giveaway through this website, you releaseLakeland Mom from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize [including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional], whether under a theory of contract, tort [including negligence], warranty or other theory.
We treat you in the way we like to be treated ourselves. We respect your privacy, because we appreciate our privacy. This means that we will never sell, give, or rent information obtained through this site to any other parties under any circumstances. Your email address is only used to communicate with you and will not be used for any other purposes whatsoever.
Our subscriber lists are stored on a secure MailChimp server. Trusted by thousands of websites, we also trust Mail Chimp to keep your information safe. From their website: “We don’t, under any circumstances, sell your lists, contact people on your lists, market to people on your lists, steal your lists, or share your lists with any other party, unless it’s required by law.”
Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you’d like it to be removed, contact us. If we’re not able to remove your information, we’ll let you know why.
Like most other web sites, lakelandmom.com makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our Advertising Partners
- Commission Junction
Lakeland Mom has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Lakeland Mom does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that lakelandmom.com has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.