Escape Rooms in Lakeland, Florida
If your family loves a challenge, head to one of Lakeland’s three indoor escape rooms – Lakeland Escape Room, Escapology Lakeland, or iPanic Escape Room. You’ll have 1 hour to solve the clues and escape the room.
This unique experience is one of my family’s favorite activities, especially if we go with another family. The more thinking power the merrier!
If you’ve never done an escape room, here is a basic explanation:
- A game master will give you the backstory of the room(s) and the challenge you have to solve.
- Once your timer starts (typically 60 minutes), you’ll search the room for clues and things that can be unlocked. They could be number clues, words, maps, etc. Part of the fun is looking for options! Unlocked clues often provide the next clue.
- Teamwork and patience is key – everyone interprets clues in a different way, be sure to listen to other people’s ideas (especially kids!) – things are not always as they seem!
- If you decide you’re stuck and need a hint, you can contact the game master for a little help.
- You are never truly locked in the room, there is always a button that will immediately let you out of the room.
- It can be high stress (especially when you hit that 5 minute mark!) but it is so much fun!
- If you’re a group of beginners, you’ve never done an escape room or you want everyone to be able to participate, start with a room ranked easy – trust us, it will still be challenging!
Each escape game location has multiple rooms available, meaning each time you go you can select a new challenge, and escape rooms often create new rooms to give guests a brand new experience.
Looking for more things to do indoors? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Indoor Activities in Lakeland + Polk County. You’ll find a variety of ideas for things to do with kids including arcades, indoor play areas, museums, skating rinks, trampoline parks, and more.
HELPFUL TIP: Use the filter button (3 horizontal lines) to narrow down the list by city and/or category. All city filters are a general geographic area, check each listing address for a specific location. Use the map at the bottom to find Escape Rooms Near You.