Take-home kits, at-home activities, curbside pick-up kits… we aren’t sure what exactly to call these options, but local businesses and organizations have some great options for your kids this summer!
These are take home activity boxes that you can order from a LOCAL organization to complete at your own pace this summer OR use alongside their online videos and virtual camp information.
Stay tuned as we expect this list will continue to grow! Next week we’ll also be coming out with a list of online local camps and other virtual activities.
Interested in being added to this list and our directory of online and virtual resources? Click here to submit your information.
Welcome to Art (Un)Boxed, a program where YOU can create artwork in the comfort of your own home inspired by Polk Museum of Art’s permanent collection of American art.
Designed by Polk Museum educators, Art (Un)Boxed is a self-paced art program and set of art kits to-go based on the popular art classes for children and families normally held at the Museum during Summer and Spring breaks. These kits include easy-to-follow instructions, prompts that foster creative thinking, art supplies, and special kit-specific video links featuring some of your favorite Museum instructors. Each Art (Un)Boxed kit — 12 available for Summer 2020 — promises hours of inspiration, exploration, and creativity from the comfort of home. Topics to include printmaking, mixed media, painting, sculpture, drawing, etc. For ages 7+.
Each Art (Un)Boxed Kit Includes:
- All art materials required for activity
- Art Activity Cards with all necessary directions
- One of 10 Collectible Polk Museum Artist Cards, with featured artist bios, artwork details and histories, and fun facts! COLLECT them all to create complete Artist Card Series set!
- Online Video Links with helpful tips from the Museum’s talented instructors
- Special Online Gallery link to share your Art (Un)Boxed creation on the Museum’s website with an automatic entry to potentially be featured in our Student Gallery in September
- Exclusive Art (Un)Boxed tote bag to hold each kit
Available by Subscription or À la Carte
10-Box Subscription – Plus a FREE “Art Challenge Specialty Box” for delivery or pickup.
Special Discount Price: $350 (members) | $400 (non-members)
Special Discount Price: $200 (members) | $225 (non-members)
À la Carte Kits – Individual kits for delivery or pickup.
$45 each (members) | $55 each (non-members)
CreateAskate Specialty Box – Individual kits for delivery or pickup.
$75 kit (members) | $85 per kit (non-members)
Pre-orders begin Friday, May 22, 2020.
The Aerospace Center for Excellence, Inc. (ACE), home of the annual SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo, is pleased to announce that it will host its world-renowned Destination Aviation Summer Camp for participants online for the summer of 2020.
The ACE Team will be delivering content designed for campers 11-17 years old covering aviation lessons, field trips, and interviews with aerospace professionals. Scheduled to begin June 15th, this six-week camp is being presented in partnership with GLEIM Aviation.
- Mondays will cover Virtual Aviation Lessons such as Fundamentals of Flight, Flight Operations, and Aviation Weather.
- Wednesdays will take campers on virtual field trips to destinations such the Lakeland Linder International Airport’s Air Traffic Control Tower and NOAA’s Aircraft Operation Center. Interviews with aviation professionals will be a
- Friday highlight for campers including Caroline Dougherty, Crew Chief for Dougherty Airshows, Captain Aaron Rajanen of Delta Air Lines, and Commander Rebecca Waddington, pilot with NOAA Corps.
Destination Aviation Virtual Summer Camp is FREE for all to participate with the online lessons, virtual field trips and interviews with aviation professionals.
Those interested in a more robust experience can order a Summer Camp Kit which includes lesson supplies and materials, Destination Aviation Camp Shirt, GLEIM Aviation hat, Pilot logbook and more for a nominal fee of $49. A Discovery Flight Certificate is also available to those that register that will be scheduled at a later date.
It is FREE to interact with Destination Aviation Virtual Camp lessons, field trips, and interviews.
A Summer Camp Kit and a Discovery Flight is $49.00 and requires advance registration.
Come join us for Rocky Railway!
Covid-19 will prohibit us from an in house VBS so we are bringing to you “VBS In A Box”!!
Rocky Railway will put kids on track for trusting Jesus!! At Rocky Railway, kids explore Jesus’ power and how we can trust Jesus to pull us through when life feels like a valley or a mountaintop.
You will have an amazing time when opening your VBS box to find a craft and all supplies for each day, Bible Buddies, Jesus Loves Me bracelets, sing and play CD, and Tracking With Jesus Bible Book. You will be directed to a site where you can view the games, songs, Kidvid cinema, crafts and Bible story each day.
Ages 4 to completed 5th Grade
Registration fee of $20 by June 12 at 5:00 pm.
Rocky Railway boxes will be distributed on
Tuesday, June 16 from 10 am – 12 pm
Wednesday, June 17 from 4:00 – 6:00 pm.
Please make a photo copy or print your registration to show your receipt of payment when you pick up your VBS box!!
$20 per VBS box