Did you know the State of Florida offers health and dental insurance specifically designed for kids? Florida KidCare programs provide affordable, quality dental and health insurance for children from birth through age 18. More than 174,000 Florida children are eligible for low-cost or completely free Florida KidCare insurance.
Wondering about Florida Kidcare income limits? Curious if your children are eligible? KidCare makes it easy for parents – you fill out ONE application and they match you with a health insurance program. There are also competitively priced full-pay plans for families who do not qualify for subsidized coverage.
Read on to learn more about this vital program for kids in Florida and learn how to apply.
What is Florida KidCare?
Four government-sponsored health insurance programs make up Florida KidCare – Medicaid, MediKids, Children’s Medical Services (CMS) Health Plan, and Florida Healthy Kids.
Each program covers different ages and has different eligibility requirements. Florida Kid Care simplifies the process with one application and helps provide a seamless continuum of coverage for Florida children from birth through the end of age 18.
What services does KidCare cover?
All four Florida KidCare coverage options include doctor visits, check-ups, hospital stays, surgeries, immunizations, prescriptions, emergencies, vision and hearing, dental, mental health services and more.
Who is Eligible?
- All children from ages 1 – 18 are eligible for some form of Florida KidCare coverage through a subsidized or full-pay program.
- Children from birth until their first birthday are eligible for Medicaid if their household income is below 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
- To qualify for coverage, a child must be a U.S. citizen, or lawfully-residing immigrant / qualified non-citizen, and meet all other requirements. (A parent’s immigration status will never be asked.)
- Parents can apply for coverage as soon as the family has a Florida address.
- If you are a grandparent and have grandchildren that live with you, they may be eligible for KidCare.
- Visit the website to learn more about KidCare eligibility.
What is the Florida KidCare age limit?
Florida children are eligible for health care coverage through Florida Kid Care from birth through the end of age 18.
How much does Florida KidCare cost?
- Most families that are eligible for subsidized premiums pay nothing at all for coverage, and many families pay as little as $15 or $20 a month. Some families may have small co-pays for certain services.
- Coverage is available even if one or both parents are working.
- Families who are not eligible for subsidized coverage may purchase Fl Kid Care at the full-pay monthly premium, which is reasonably priced and child-centered compared to other health insurance options in the marketplace.
- The Florida KidCare website has a cost calculator tool that allows you to estimate your monthly premium based on family size and annual income. (Estimate only, does not guarantee eligibility or final Fl KidCare cost)
- There is also a Florida KidCare Income Limits chart on the website, but completing the full application will give you the most accurate information.
Florida KidCare Dental Benefits
Completely free or low-cost dental insurance for kids is available with any Florida KidCare program. Learn more about dental benefits after you apply.
Florida KidCare Application:
You can apply for Florida KidCare anytime during the year. It is FREE to apply (no application fee).
You fill out ONE application, and KidCare will determine the right Florida kids insurance coverage for your family. Based on the age of the child, household size, and family income, they will automatically match each child with their best fit of the four programs – Medicaid, MediKids, Florida Healthy Kids, or the Children’s Medical Services (CMS) Health Plan.
It is that easy!
To learn more or apply for Florida KidCare visit the Florida KidCare Website or call 1-888-540-KIDS (5437).
YOU CAN HELP! More than 174,000 children in Florida are eligible for low-cost or completely free health insurance through Florida KidCare but are currently without any coverage. Even if you are not eligible or interested, help spread the word by sharing details on this program with friends, family, and coworkers.
Florida KidCare Partners
Four partners make up the Florida KidCare program:
Florida Healthy Kids Corporation | FHKC
Florida Agency for Health Care Administration | AHCA
Florida Department of Children and Families | DCF
Florida Department of Health, Children’s Medical Services | DOH