Looking for a place to host a bridal shower, baby shower, special event, or private party?
Whether you’re looking for a restaurant with a private room where all you have to do is send the invitations, or a picnic pavilion or outdoor barn or banquet hall that allows you to bring in your own food and decorations, there are plenty of locations in Lakeland and Polk County to host for your next event.
Many attraction closures and event postponements have been announced beginning September 27 due to Hurricane Ian. We are editing our calendar and articles if we receive notice of event changes, but please be sure to check directly with organizers to confirm any events or activities from September 27 - October 2. A link is provided at the bottom of every event on our calendar and in all articles.
These event venues are perfect for all types of occasions including bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions, retirement parties, holiday parties, family reunions, a celebration of life, corporate events, office parties, meetings, Sweet 16, Quinceanera, graduation parties, and more.
Below you’ll find plenty of ideas for venus for a baby shower or private party. We started with one huge list, but as it got longer and longer, we decided to divide it up into separate articles:
- Restaurants with Private Rooms– food and service are included
- Tea Rooms – food and service are included, perfect for baby showers and ladies luncheons
- Banquet Halls + Event Venues – rental space only, you pick the food, decorations, etc.
- Outdoor Park Pavilions – inexpensive options for casual outdoor parties
Restaurants with Private Rooms
Looking for a stress-free way to host a baby shower or event in Lakeland, Florida? Have it at a local restaurant! The venues listed here are local restaurants and bars that have private rooms available or options for semi-private group dining. This is the easiest way to plan a private event and still be able to enjoy it as the host – you book the date and pick the menu, the restaurant takes care of the food, the drinks, and the service!
Check out our article with restaurants with private rooms including Frescos, Federal Bar, Nineteen61, Harry’s, Grillsmith, Texas Cattle Company, Arabellas, Harborside, and many more.
A Tea Room is a perfect location for a wedding shower or baby shower. Like we said above, hosting at a restaurant allows you to relax and enjoy the event instead of worrying about food and drinks. We have a separate article listing all of the Tea Rooms in Polk County and Central Florida including:
- Sweet Magnolias in Auburndale
- The Backporch Restaurant at The Barn in Lake Alfred
- Lavender and Lace Tea Room & Restaurant in Lake Alfred
Banquet Halls + Event Venues
Looking for a space to rent but want the flexibility to hire a caterer and bring in your own decorations? These banquet halls, party venues, wedding venues, barns, and other unique spots are venue rental or room rental only and allow you to book your own food and decor. Most include tables and chairs with your rental. Some have a list of preferred vendors, and some of them also include event coordinators to help plan and execute your event. This list of banquet halls and event venues includes convenient locations in Downtown Lakeland Fl, Winter Haven, and across Polk County.
Outdoor Event Rentals + Park Pavilions
Park Pavilions are often mentioned as a great place to host a baby shower or family event, especially in fall through spring when the weather is nice. The City of Lakeland, City of Winter Haven, and Polk County have screened, enclosed park pavilions that you can reserve, starting at $237 per event. We include park pavilions in our list of Park Pavilion Rentals in Lakeland + Polk County. It includes popular pavilion rentals in Lakeland such as Christina Park, Loyce Harpe Park / Carter Road park, Peterson Park, and Lake Parker Park.
Other Ideas for Special Events + Shower Venues
- Many churches and some neighborhood clubhouses also have rooms available for rentals.
- For a Couples Shower, some of the places in our list of Kids Birthday Party Venues would be a unique and memorable shower location including Family Fun Center or an Eatertainment Venue (ax-throwing or golfing anyone?)
- Another idea for a Couples Shower is a local brewery or wine bar, a few are included in our restaurant guide.
- If you still don’t find anything here that works for you, try searching for baby shower venues near me or bridal shower venues near me or event venues near me.
We hope this list helps you find the perfect place to host your next special event!
Birthdays + Special Events Guide
Check out our Special Events Guide for Lakeland + Polk County to find Birthday Party Venues, Rental Spaces, Banquet Halls, Restaurants with Private Party Rooms, Park + Playground Rentals, Birthday Freebies, and more.