Calling all Explorers! Explorations V Children’s Museum is excited to welcome the community back for exploration and hands-on learning. Explorations V reopened to the public on Tuesday, September 1 with modifications to protect you, your family, and the Museum team.
(Explorations V originally reopened in June with limited hours but due to rising COVID cases and emergency day camps for children of essential workers, they closed to the general public in July and August).
Explorations V Children’s Museum also has new hours of operation.
Monday – Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm
BRAND NEW – the Museum will now be open Sundays 10 am – 3 pm
- Reservations are not required. Visit anytime during the hours listed above.
PRICES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Members & Children 1 and Under – FREE
- Children 2 and older & Adults – $10.00
- Teachers & Military Families (with ID) – 50% off
- Access/EBT Cardholders with ID Maximum of 4 per card – $3.00
- AAA – 10% off
- Advance Purchase – save $1 off General Admission
- An Annual Membership is a great way to support our local Children’s Museum AND enjoy a full year of play. Click here to learn more about Annual Memberships.
PROGRAM BOXES + CLASSES
Currently, programs will not be offered on the floor for safety and health reasons. However, Explorations V will be offering Art and Sensory themed program boxes this month for you to purchase in the gift shop for $5 or less. You are encouraged to use the program room to complete the activities or take them home for extended exploration. All supplies and instructions are included and are yours to keep.
- City ordinance requires anyone over age 8 to wear a mask while in the building
- Guests will be asked to wash their hands before they check-in
- It is not safe to have fabric elements like costumes on the floor at this time.
- Floor markings to encourage social distancing as you wait to check-in.
- Hand-wash station at the front door entry.
- Front-desk plexiglass shielding.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures for the facility and exhibits.
- Museum staff at the front desk will use protective equipment such as masks and gloves.
- If you or someone in your reservation has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you will not be able to use your reservation time. If you are experiencing fever over 100.4 or have a dry cough, please visit the Museum on another day.
- The reopening plan is centered around two principles: SAFETY + KINDNESS. Let’s all work together to keep our community safe and do so with kindness.
- All three floors of the Museum are currently open to the public.
- Check out the brand new Build the Future hands-on exhibit. Leave your best designs for the Museum to use as they work with world-class exhibit developers to build the next great children’s museum at Bonnet Springs Park.
Talking to Your Children About Changes at the Museum
(Copied from the full Reopen Play Plan – click here to view and print)
Change can be very hard for children. Some kids are very familiar with Explorations V and the changes in our current operations may be hard for them. Here are some ways to explain the change. It is recommended these conversations happen before your visit so the child is prepared.
- The Museum is like me and helps keep you safe and healthy.
- You may see grownups in a mask and that is their way of being kind.
- It is okay to think masks look scary. Tell me if you feel scared and we can talk about it. People wear masks to help keep you safe. There will not be very many people at the Museum because that’ s one way to try and keep you safe.
- You won’t be able to wear a costume while you play because they are dirty now. When they are clean and safe to come out, the costumes will come back.
- It is important we leave when the Museum closes so the Museum people can clean it for tomorrow.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FROM EXPLORATIONS V CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
Remember to practice patience and kindness as the Museum Team has worked incredibly hard to figure out how to implement safety protocols to be able to open. This is new territory for all of us!
Did you know a brand new Explorations V Children’s Museum will be built at Bonnet Springs Park in 2021? Click here to learn more about the new Museum and click here to learn more about Bonnet Springs Park.
Explorations V Children’s Museum is located in Downtown Lakeland at 109 N. Kentucky Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801.
Questions? Call (863) 687 – 3869.