Calling all Explorers! Explorations V Children’s Museum is excited to welcome the community back for exploration and hands-on learning. Explorations V will reopen on Monday, June 15 with modifications to protect you, your family, and the Museum team.
The reopening plan is centered around two principles: SAFETY + KINDNESS. Let’s all work together to keep our community safe and do so with kindness.
Some of the key changes being implemented as part of the reopening plan include:
- Museum hours have changed temporarily to 11 am – 2 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- With your reservation (see below), you may arrive any time between 11 am and 2 pm. You do not need to arrive right at 11 am. The Museum will close to the public at 2 pm to start the cleaning process.
- The number of people visiting the Museum at any one time is limited to 40 people. Online reservations are available and STRONGLY encouraged to ensure you will be admitted on the day of your visit.
- Members will have their own group of tickets reserved each day.
- Walk-up visitors (member & nonmember) will only be allowed as space is available.
- You can reserve for any day through July 30, 2020.
- Click here to make a reservation.
PRICES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Admission is only $5 per person for ages 2 and up (including adults).
- Museum members continue to be free while their membership is valid.
- Due to the closure, Explorations V has automatically extended the expiration dates of all memberships by 90 days. If you would like to have your membership card updated, please check with the front desk at your next visit.
- Click here to learn more about Annual Memberships.
- Floor markings to encourage social distancing as you wait to check-in.
- Hand-wash station at the front door entry.
- Front-desk plexiglass shielding.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures for the facility and exhibits.
- Museum staff at the front desk will use protective equipment such as masks and gloves.
- If you or someone in your reservation has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you will not be able to use your reservation time. If you are experiencing fever over 100.4 or have a dry cough, please visit the Museum on another day.
- Masks are encouraged but not required for guests. Children under the age of 3 should not wear a mask per CDC recommendations.
- Only the Main Level – Our Town – is currently open to the public.
- Explorations V Children’s Museum is also currently holding summer camps and has to follow DCF guidelines for camp, which means the general public visitors and campers cannot be in the same space. Camp is held on the Lower Level and Upper Level.
Talking to Your Children About Changes at the Museum
(Copied from the full Reopen Play Plan – click here to view and print)
Change can be very hard for children. Some kids are very familiar with Explorations V and the changes in our current operations may be hard for them. Here are some ways to explain the change. It is recommended these conversations happen before your visit so the child is prepared.
- The Museum is like me and helps keep you safe and healthy.
- You may see grownups in a mask and that is their way of being kind.
- It is okay to think masks look scary. Tell me if you feel scared and we can talk about it. People wear masks to help keep you safe. There will not be very many people at the Museum because that’ s one way to try and keep you safe.
- You won’t be able to wear a costume while you play because they are dirty now. When they are clean and safe to come out, the costumes will come back.
- It is important we leave when the Museum closes so the Museum people can clean it for tomorrow.
Remember to practice patience and kindness as the Museum Team has worked incredibly hard to figure out how to implement safety protocols to be able to open. This is new territory for all of us!
You can view or download the entire SAFETY + KINDNESS Reopen Play Plan at www.ExplorationsV.com/Reopen.
Did you know a brand new Explorations V Children’s Museum will be built at Bonnet Springs Park in 2021? Click here to learn more about the new Museum and click here to learn more about Bonnet Springs Park.
Explorations V Children’s Museum is located in Downtown Lakeland at 109 N. Kentucky Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801.
Questions? Call (863) 687 – 3869.