We know all of our fellow Lakeland Moms love to find unique gifts for Lakeland Dads, and we’re here to help you think of the perfect gift for the sports enthusiast, outdoorsman, daredevil, or music loving guy in your life. We’re big on “experience gifts” that give dad an adventure to remember.
We’ve also got a list of activities if you’re looking for something to do Father’s Day weekend, including places offering free admission or free food deals just for dad!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means we a small commission if you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Thank you for supporting Lakeland Mom!
Father’s Day Weekend Freebies & Deals
- Family Fun Center – Dads get a FREE round of mini-golf on Father’s Day. Challenge the family to a mini-golf competition or a lazer tag battle.
- Skate World Lakeland – Dads skate free and get free skate rentals from 2-5pm on Father’s Day.
- Bok Tower – Free admission for all dads on Father’s Day! Treat Dad to a day exploring the Gardens with live carillon concerts at 1 p.m. & 3 p.m. Children 4 & under are FREE.
- Lakeland Tropics – Dad gets 2 free tickets for the Tropics doubleheader soccer game on Saturday, June 16 at 4pm at Bryant Stadium (must register in advance – click here) Women play at 4pm and Men at 7:30pm. Tickets valid for both games.
- The Florida Aquarium – Dads get in free all weekend with the purchase of a full paid admission (Valid Saturday & Sunday). Children 2 & under are FREE. *Must purchase tickets at onsite Aquarium ticket booth to receive offer.
- Medieval Times Orlando – free admission for dads with the purchase of one full-priced adult, valid June 4 – 17.
- MOSI in Tampa (Museum of Science & Industry) is free for dad on Father’s Day weekend (Saturday & Sunday) with a paid child’s admission.
- Crayola Experience in Orlando – Dad gets FREE admission to the on Father’s Day when you purchase one child’s admission ticket.
- Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park – Dads receive free admission on Father’s Day with the purchase of a full-price single day ticket.
- Dinosaur World in Plant City will let your fossil-loving dad in free with purchase of a child’s ticket. The offer is only good on Father’s Day. Offer only valid on tickets purchased at the door. Children 2 & under are FREE.
Things to do with Dad
- Safari Wilderness Ranch – Take a Sunset Safari on a Friday or Saturday evening, or a Young Explorers Safari on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Safari Wilderness is AMAZING! Be sure to snag a Groupon and save 40-50%!
- Batting cages – get a hit at at Off the Wall Adventures.
- Paint Ball – Head to Off the Wall Adventures in Lakeland or Action Paint Ball in Winter Haven. Check for current Groupon Deals.
- Ice Cream – Take dad for a ice cream or dessert at one of the 20+ places listed in our Guide to Sweet Eats & Frozen Treats!
- Circle B Bar Reserve – Plan a picnic and a nature hike! Be sure you pack a tablecloth, napkins/paper towels, utensils, food, drinks, and wear walking shoes to explore the trails after you eat.
- Colt Creek State Park – Hike, bike, picnic, canoe, kayak, or fish at in the heart of the Green Swamp Wilderness area north of Lakeland. In this 5,067-acre state park, you’ll find hiking trails, biking trails, picnic pavilions, and two lakes for canoeing, kayaking and fishing. Canoes and Kayaks can be rented from the park ranger station and launched at Mac Lake. The first two hours are $8.00 then an additional $3.00 (plus tax) for every hour after. To enter the park there is a $4 charge per vehicle.
- Bike Ride – check out the Fort Fraser Trail, Three Parks Trail, Auburndale-TECO Trail, Chain of Lakes Trail, or Van Fleet State Trail.
- Bowling – AMF Lanes and Orange Bowl Lanes are great options in Lakeland, or pick up a Groupon for Cypress Lanes in Winter Haven.
- River Ranch Rodeo – Got a cowboy at heart? Make a family trip out to the rodeo on Saturday night.
- Bass Pro Shops is having a Gone Fishing! event on Father’s Day Weekend with a kids Catch & Release Fish Pond daily. Check out the full list of events at the Brandon/Tampa location or the Orlando location.
- Outdoor Day Trip – Take dad swimming, tubing, hiking, kayaking, or canoeing. Central Florida favorites include:
- Lakeland Escape Room and Escapology Lakeland – have you experienced the newest attractions in Lakeland – the Escape Game? A group of people must solve a series of puzzles, find clues, and escape the room within a set time limit.
- I-Drive NASCAR Indoor Go-Kart Racing – snag a Groupon deal for the whole family (must be 55 inches tall to race)
- Aquatica Orlando – get single-day passes to this waterpark for only $29 per person! Valid only through June 29. Add on All Day Dining for only $20 more per person. Click here for this Groupon deal.
- Tampa CityPasses – if the guy in your life loves local Tampa Bay Area attractions, surprise him with CityPasses for the whole family – save over 50% on tickets to 5 of Tampa’s most popular attractions:
- Busch Gardens Tampa
- The Florida Aquarium
- Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI) OR Chihuly Collection.
You’ll have 9 days to visit these 5 attractions, making for a great summer staycation where you can sleep in your own bed every night. At only $107 for adults and $97 for kids, it’s a steal!
- Dad eats free at PDQ on Father’s Day! Receive one free Combo Meal with the purchase of any meal, bowl, or salad, all day long.
- Hallback’s Bar & Grill at the Lakeland Airport is offering 3 seatings for Father’s Day at 11:30am and 2:30, & 4:30pm. Walk-ins welcome, but reservations suggested, 863-937-8900.
- Local breakfast treats can be found at Hole in One Donuts, 801 E Main, Uncle Nick’s Bagels, Reececliff, and Fat Jack’s.
- Head downtown for lunch or dinner – Terrace Grill, Fresco’s, The Purple Onion, Bay Street Bistro, Black & Brew, or Mitchells are all great choices.
- Eat local at D’Lucas, Cafe Zuppina, Masons Live, or Swan Brewing
- In the mood for Italian? Scarpa’s Italian or Il Forno are our favorites.
The Sports Enthusiast
- Lakeland Tropics – For a soccer loving dad, get tickets for the Tropics game on Saturday, June 16 at 7pm at Bryant Stadium
- Lakeland Flying Tigers – There aren’t any games on Father’s Day weekend, but you can go early from June 8 – 14 or surprise him with tickets for a game later in the season. Be sure to check out their promotions.
- Tampa Bay Rays – No games on Father’s Day weekend, but you can get dad tickets to a future game, or purchase a 5 game flex-pack to go to multiple games this summer.
- Fanatics – Check out the selection of Father’s Day Gifts – you’re sure to find something with his favorite sports team.
- Paddleboard Winter Haven – Book a paddleboarding trip on the Chain of Lakes. They offer lessons and tours from beginners, to advanced paddleboarders, families, and fitness enthusiasts.
- Airboat Tours – Have a real Florida adventure and view native wildlife on an airboat tour. There are multiple companies offering tours in Polk County, including Alligator Cove, Alligators Unlimited, Captain Fred’s, Grape Hammock Fish Camp, and Camp Mack. Most tours allow children of all ages, certain ages require an adult. Every child is different, and airboats are LOUD, so use your own discretion.
- Charter Fishing Trip – Book a day out of Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Anna Maria Island. While we don’t have anyone specific to recommend, we’ve included links to reviews and contact information on Trip Advisor.
The Music & Live Performances Fan
- Classic Albums Live Concert – Any music loving guy will appreciate tickets to these classic shows at the RP Funding Center
- Upcoming concert or performance at these venues:
Other Gift Ideas
- Ageless Allure Medispa has a great selection of Father’s Day Specials – book dad a relaxing neck or back massage
- Arrange to have his car washed or detailed – Exotic Car Services, Mister Car Wash, TNT Touchless, Anointed Hands Detailing, Diamond Detailing, Angel’s Touch Mobile Detailing can all help!
- Downtown Farmers Curb Market – Find homemade items and local goods on Saturday morning.
- Board Games – Surprise dad with games he’ll enjoy playing, and maybe even a few throwbacks from his childhood. Favorites at my house include:
- Ice cream maker – get a gift the whole family can enjoy for the summer!
- Lottery ticket bouquet – Does dad love scratch off tickets? Make him a bouquet (click to see photo).
- Candy Messages – Create a fun candy filled message, plenty of examples can be found on our Father’s Day Pinterest board.
- Quiz about dad – Have the kids fill out a quiz and print it out for him.
- Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply is the perfect place to find a gift for the dad who loves to grill. Find a pre-made basket of rubs, sauces, and grilling items. Or purchase a gift card and let dad go pick out what he needs.
- What I Love about Dad Fill In The Blank Journal – Give him an entire book completed by the kids
- For the avid reader, give a subscription to Kindle Unlimited – dad can enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million titles & thousands of audiobooks on any device. The best part is you get a 1 month trial to start with to be sure he likes it!