May is Sunflower Season in Florida! Visiting a Sunflower Farm is a great outdoor activity for families. There are local family farms open for U-Pick Sunflowers as well as Sunflower Mazes you can explore in the Tampa Bay and Orlando area.
These beautiful sunflower fields will provide you with a day of family fun and stunning photo opportunities! Take a day trip to find a sunflower farm near Lakeland, farms listed below are approximately 1 hour from Lakeland. These are the farms currently open in 2020.
Sunflower picking tips:
- Farms tend to communicate via Facebook. Links are provided below to check for recent updates.
- Dress comfortably for the outdoors with closed toe shoes. You WILL be walking in dirt and you may get dirty!
- Wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen – fields are in the sun. Light colored clothing is best.
- Pick early in the morning when it is still cool.
- Take CASH!! Many fields only accept cash.
- Keep in mind these are working farms, so there will be ants, bees, etc. If you or your children have allergies, take precautions.
Important info from Hunsader Farms:
- Entrance to the field and cut flowers are CASH ONLY.
- Social distancing procedures will be required
- There is no parking charge. You will enter through our main gate at the address below and follow signs to the field
- Sunflowers shall be cut at the stem, not pulled out with the root. Bring your own cutters or scissors.
- Wheel chair accessible: the ground of the field is uneven and in dirt. There is no stairs to get to the field but there is a steep hill. A wheelchair with big tires may work, but we have an alternative area for those in wheelchairs that we will direct you to.
Hunsader Farms also has a Farmer’s Market with a variety of produce available and other U-Pick crops. Visit their website to learn more.
HarvestMoon Fun Farm
Map of Sunflower Farms & Sunflower Mazes near Lakeland
Sunflower Farms Near Me Sunflower Fields Near Me