**UPDATE 5/28/20** – Due to current social distancing guidelines and Florida’s safer at home order, some peach farms are not opening for U-Pick this year, or may change their operations on short notice. A link to every farm is provided for more information.
If you’re looking for a fun activity to do with kids, picking your own fruit is a great way to have fun AND teach them about where our food comes from. There is something special about using locally made products, eating fruits and vegetables grown right here in Polk County, or enjoying peaches, strawberries and blueberries you’ve picked yourself. We’ve got plenty of info on Farmers Markets and U-Pick farms where you can find fresh, local goodies!
Peach Season in Florida runs from April – June. All farms listed below include a website and/or Facebook page so you can easily check current operating hours. We STRONGLY suggest you check these sources or call ahead the day of your visit to confirm availability, prices, and hours, even for farms that are open daily. U-Pick operations are often dependent on recent weather, commercial picking, and fruit availability, and can change from one day to the next.
Don’t miss our Peach Picking Tips at the bottom of this post, and check out our Strawberry (January – March) and Blueberry (April – May) U-Pick Guides. We also have a list of U-Pick Sunflower Farms. If you’re looking for fresh produce, there are also numerous Farmers Markets happening weekly around Polk County, you can find them all in our Farmers Market Guide.
Peach Farms in Polk County & Nearby
Peach Picking Tips
- Check the Farm’s website or Facebook page the day before or day of your visit to confirm hours
- Pick early in the morning when it is still cool.
- Dress comfortably with closed toe shoes. You WILL be walking in dirt and you will get dirty!
- Wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen – fields are in the sun. Light colored clothing is best.
- Bring your own container, not too deep. Many fields do not keep containers on site.
- Take CASH!! Many fields only accept cash.